Mobile phones no silver bullet, says study
- September 9, 2010
- Bill Maurer, anthropology professor and Institute for Money, Technology & Financial Inclusion director, is featured in All Africa and Science Development Network September 9, 2010
From All Africa:
The potential of mobile telephony to transform Africa will only be achieved if the development of other infrastructure keeps pace, says a study.... Bill Maurer, director of the Institute of Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion at the University of California, Irvine, cautioned that Africa was still in the early days of mobile money transfer and phone-based savings applications and that more research is needed for effective new services to reach more Africans.
For the full story, please visit http://allafrica.com/stories/201009090888.html. For the Science and Development Network story, please visit http://scidev.net/en/news/mobile-phones-no-silver-bullet-for-africa-says....
Related News Items
- What's next: The future of cash
- Honoring efforts to advance diversity and equitable inclusion
- UCI Podcast: Professor Davin Phoenix on the political impact of the Black Lives Matter movement
- International students upended, unsure if they can continue U.S. studies amid new federal rules
- 2020 could be the new year of the woman ... for the GOP