Slugs from the west, travel to the West Bank
- August 30, 2010
- The Olive Tree Initiative is featured in the San Francisco Examiner August 29, 2010
From the Examiner:
UC Santa Cruz students Sami Abdelhalim and Mary "Carrie" McKee plan to fly to the Middle East to witness the Arab-Israeli conflict firsthand, and hopefully gain some understanding of the drawn-out dispute. Both Politics majors, the two students are traveling to this unstable area as part of the Olive Tree Initiative - a student-run group that promotes peace dialogue. The Olive Tree Initiative promotes conversation and dialogue for and about the continual Israeli-Arab conflict. Based in UC Irvine, the Initiative also has a branch in UC Santa Barbara and is most known for this specific program that sends people to the Middle East - all expenses paid.
For the full story, please visit http://www.examiner.com/events-in-san-francisco/slugs-from-the-west-trav...
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire