Armed with an education
- August 3, 2010
- Cody Cipriano, economics alumnus, is featured in the Ventura County Star August 2, 2010
From the Ventura County Star:
Cody Cipriano considers himself extremely fortunate. While some of his UC Irvine classmates were scrambling to find jobs after graduation, Cipriano already had one waiting for him. But Cipriano is not using his degree in economics to trade stocks on Wall Street or sit behind a desk analyzing finances. He’s going to the ballpark each day, playing baseball in the minor leagues. The Westlake High graduate is the second baseman for the Double-A Montgomery Biscuits. “It’s awesome to be able to play baseball every day,” Cipriano said. “We have a really good group of guys on this team, which makes it a lot more fun. I couldn’t ask for much better.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/aug/02/armed-with-an-education/.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal