Laguna Hills High principal honored by UCI
- June 15, 2010
- Global Connect is featured in the OC Register June 11, 2010
From the OC Register:
Laguna Hills High School principal Sean Boulton received the Global Citizenship Award from UC Irvine's School of Social Sciences this month. Boulton was honored for his efforts in creating a relationship between the high school and UCI with the Global Connect @ UCI, a program where graduate students, faculty and interns work with host classrooms to "enrich California's secondary school curriculum in international studies," according to the program's website. Boulton, working with Newport Mesa Unified School District Associate Superintendent Tom Antol and UCI faculty, created a semester course in 2008 that freshman students could take as an elective course at Laguna Hills, Estancia and Newport Harbor high schools. During the 2010 school year, Boulton helped introduce a year-long global studies course for freshman students at Laguna Hills High. There are roughly 150 students enrolled in the program, according the Global Connect website.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-253110-high-hills.html.
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- UCI study finds mortality in prisons increased 77% during pandemic
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023