Connectivity is Productivity
- May 29, 2010
Iqbal Quadir may be the original visionary of mobile phones for the masses in developing countries.
Quadir was seized with the idea of bringing mobile phones to the poor of Bangladesh. In time, he partnered with the Grameen Bank to form GrameenPhone. And the rest is history, in Bangladesh and beyond.
To read the full story and see a clip from Quadir's TED talk, click here: David Roodman's Microfinance Open Book Blog.
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness