Connectivity is Productivity
- May 29, 2010
Iqbal Quadir may be the original visionary of mobile phones for the masses in developing countries.
Quadir was seized with the idea of bringing mobile phones to the poor of Bangladesh. In time, he partnered with the Grameen Bank to form GrameenPhone. And the rest is history, in Bangladesh and beyond.
To read the full story and see a clip from Quadir's TED talk, click here: David Roodman's Microfinance Open Book Blog.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire