Sanchez co-sponsors immigrant-education bill
- May 27, 2010
- Rosa Yenni Diaz, political science undergraduate, is quoted in the OC Register May 26, 2010
From the OC Register:
[Loretta] Sanchez declined to comment on her co-sponsorship of the bill, which proposes allowing students who are in the country illegally the chance to apply for legal permanent residency, protect them from deportation and make them eligible for student loans and federal work-study programs. "It's been a long fight," said Yenni Diaz, spokeswoman for the Orange County DREAM team. Diaz, a political science student at University of California, Irvine, made the co-sponsorship announcement to a crowd at a Los Amigos meeting Wednesday morning where she was met with applause. "It's a sad day when we have to convince one of our own to become a co-sponsor of our bill," said Amin David, the Los Amigos leader. "This should have been 9 years ago," Diaz quipped back.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Why the church shooting was a wake-up call for younger Taiwanese Americans to reflect on their history
- "Global Burning; Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate Crisis" AND "Collective Rage"
- Edwin Amenta and Neal Caren, "Rough Draft of History: A Century of US Social Movements in the News" (Princeton UP, 2022)