Will a UCI alumna be ‘The Next Food Network Star’?
- May 26, 2010
- Doreen Fang, political science '94, one of 12 competing for her own Food Network show
UCI alumna Doreen Fang is one of 12 finalists competing for her own Food Network show on season 6 of “The Next Food Network Star,” premiering June 6. Fang graduated from UCI in 1994 with a degree in political science and competed on the UCI billiard team. She co-owns a catering company, teaches cooking classes for adults and children, and blogs on Dining with Doreen. Fang specializes in California cuisine, but is heavily influenced by Chinese and Japanese cooking. With her sister, Fang runs the Bonnie A.C. Lee Fang Foundation, which provides nursing scholarships to undergraduate and graduate nursing students.
Read more about Fang online.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Why the church shooting was a wake-up call for younger Taiwanese Americans to reflect on their history
- "Global Burning; Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate Crisis" AND "Collective Rage"
- Edwin Amenta and Neal Caren, "Rough Draft of History: A Century of US Social Movements in the News" (Princeton UP, 2022)