Will a UCI alumna be ‘The Next Food Network Star’?
- May 26, 2010
- Doreen Fang, political science '94, one of 12 competing for her own Food Network show
UCI alumna Doreen Fang is one of 12 finalists competing for her own Food Network show on season 6 of “The Next Food Network Star,” premiering June 6. Fang graduated from UCI in 1994 with a degree in political science and competed on the UCI billiard team. She co-owns a catering company, teaches cooking classes for adults and children, and blogs on Dining with Doreen. Fang specializes in California cuisine, but is heavily influenced by Chinese and Japanese cooking. With her sister, Fang runs the Bonnie A.C. Lee Fang Foundation, which provides nursing scholarships to undergraduate and graduate nursing students.
Read more about Fang online.
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness