Will a UCI alumna be ‘The Next Food Network Star’?
- May 26, 2010
- Doreen Fang, political science '94, one of 12 competing for her own Food Network show
UCI alumna Doreen Fang is one of 12 finalists competing for her own Food Network show on season 6 of “The Next Food Network Star,” premiering June 6. Fang graduated from UCI in 1994 with a degree in political science and competed on the UCI billiard team. She co-owns a catering company, teaches cooking classes for adults and children, and blogs on Dining with Doreen. Fang specializes in California cuisine, but is heavily influenced by Chinese and Japanese cooking. With her sister, Fang runs the Bonnie A.C. Lee Fang Foundation, which provides nursing scholarships to undergraduate and graduate nursing students.
Read more about Fang online.
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction