Golfweek's Player of the Week
- May 12, 2010
- Senior golfer and sociology major John Chin named National Player of the Week
UC Irvine senior and sociology major John Chin has been named National Player of the Week by Golfweek after his winning performance at the Big West Conference Championship. Chin won Big West medalist honors for the second time in his career at the league tournament May 3-4 at Mission Viejo Country Club. He shot 68-70-71 for a 7-under total of 209 to win by nine shots in leading UCI to its sixth Big West title since 2001. Chin, who has an average of 69.83 and 10 top-10 finishes this season, is ranked No. 6 in the Golfweek /Sagarin College rankings and No. 1 in the Golfstat Cup.
Related News Items
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders
- Brain stimulation may enhance team performance
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists