UCI social sciences graduate programs rank among nation's top 50
- April 29, 2010
- Rankings based on U.S. News & World Report, Center for Public Anthropology and Philosophical Gourmet Report
U.S. News & World Report’s annual graduate program rankings are in, and of those programs the agency ranks, social sciences has again come out in the top 50 with economics 42nd, political science 36th, psychology 29th, and sociology 27th. Graduate programs in anthropology and philosophy are not currently reviewed by U.S. News & World Report. Instead, anthropology looks to the Center for Public Anthropology, which combines measures used by the National Research Council with public impact factor. By these standards, UCI anthropology ranks 8th in the nation. Philosophy relies on the Philosophical Gourmet Report under which the UCI program ranks 23rd in the U.S., 28th in the English speaking world, and 1st in the decision, rational choice & game theory specialty area.
Check out U.S. News & World Report’s latest graduate program rankings online at http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools .
Click on http://www.publicanthropology.org to learn more about the Center for Public Anthropology rankings.
To view the Philosophical Gourmet Report, visit http://www.philosophicalgourmet.com/overall.asp.
Related News Items
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023
- U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger dies aged 100
- The 10 best California books of 2023
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids