Political science alumnus appointed Economic Development Director
- April 28, 2010
- Joel Ayala, ’89, will lead the state's one-stop resource shop
Joel Ayala, ’89 political science alumnus, has been appointed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger as director of the new Governor’s Office of Economic Development. The office was created April 8 as a one-stop shop to help businesses acquire the direction, information and resources they need to invest, succeed and expand in California.
Ayala is the former president and chief executive officer of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce. He earned bachelor’s degrees in political science and social ecology from UCI.
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- U.S. acts decisively to protect Asian Americans - but drags its feet on protecting Black Americans
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research