Political science alumnus appointed Economic Development Director
- April 28, 2010
- Joel Ayala, ’89, will lead the state's one-stop resource shop
Joel Ayala, ’89 political science alumnus, has been appointed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger as director of the new Governor’s Office of Economic Development. The office was created April 8 as a one-stop shop to help businesses acquire the direction, information and resources they need to invest, succeed and expand in California.
Ayala is the former president and chief executive officer of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce. He earned bachelor’s degrees in political science and social ecology from UCI.
Related News Items
- Castellanos elected to American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education Board of Directors
- The metaverse isn't here yet, but it already has a long history
- Mining the past to inform the present
- What is inflation? Can it be stopped?
- Losing parts of our voice box may have helped humans evolve to speak