Political science alumnus appointed Economic Development Director
- April 28, 2010
- Joel Ayala, ’89, will lead the state's one-stop resource shop
Joel Ayala, ’89 political science alumnus, has been appointed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger as director of the new Governor’s Office of Economic Development. The office was created April 8 as a one-stop shop to help businesses acquire the direction, information and resources they need to invest, succeed and expand in California.
Ayala is the former president and chief executive officer of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce. He earned bachelor’s degrees in political science and social ecology from UCI.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal