No consensus for Pelican Cup
- April 22, 2010
- John Chin, sociology undergrad and UCI golfer, is featured in the Daily Pilot April 22, 2010
From the Daily Pilot:
Senior John Chin is the first UC Irvine golfer selected to the United States Palmer Cup team, announced Wednesday by the Golf Coaches Association of America. Chin, ranked No. 1 in the U.S. in par-four scoring (3.96), is one of eight members of Team USA that will face European players in the annual Ryder Cup-style competition. This year’s event is scheduled for June 24 to 26 at Royal Portrush Golf Club in Portrush, Northern Ireland. Chin, ranked second in this week’s Golfstat Cup, has two Big West Conference Player of the Year honors and has nine top-10 finishes this season, including three victories. He has placed in the top four in seven of the last eight tournaments.
For the full story, please visit http://www.dailypilot.com/articles/2010/04/21/sports/dpt-spgolf042210.txt.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Why the church shooting was a wake-up call for younger Taiwanese Americans to reflect on their history
- "Global Burning; Rising Antidemocracy and the Climate Crisis" AND "Collective Rage"
- Edwin Amenta and Neal Caren, "Rough Draft of History: A Century of US Social Movements in the News" (Princeton UP, 2022)