Rumbaut to deliver keynotes at up-coming international immigration conferences
- April 15, 2010
- Talks will highlight potential policy implications resulting from differing views on the “second generation”
Rubén Rumbaut, sociology professor, will be delivering the keynote address at the Universidad de Almería, Spain 13th Annual Immigration Conference. The international meeting will run from April 21-24, 2010 and focus on the topic of biculturalism and the second generation. In his talk, Rumbaut will discuss issues in current immigration research surrounding the conceptualization, measurement, and theorization of what and who the “second generation” of immigrants is, and how differing views can impact policy. For more on the conference, please visit http://www.lasc.es/XIII_CONGRESO/congreso.htm. Rumbaut is also scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the International Migration Conference at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland this June.
Related News Items
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- Stressed and tired: Neuroscientist pens book on solutions
- Why is it hard to sleep in the heat? Experts explain.
- Recent brain research on the rejuvenating power of sleep