Laser nuclear technology might pose security risk
- April 13, 2010
- A study by Linda Cohen, economics professor, is featured by NPR April 12, 2010
In a recent opinion piece in Nature, Slakey and a colleague [Linda Cohen, professor of economics] at the University of California, Irvine asked the NRC to do something it normally doesn't do — decide whether to scuttle a technology altogether because of its proliferation risks. "Both my co-author and I are advocates of nuclear power," Slakey says. "We're strongly in favor of nuclear power, but we think it's in the best interest in expansion of nuclear power to manage very carefully the proliferation risks."
For the full story, please visit http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125787318.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal