Laser nuclear technology might pose security risk
- April 13, 2010
- A study by Linda Cohen, economics professor, is featured by NPR April 12, 2010
In a recent opinion piece in Nature, Slakey and a colleague [Linda Cohen, professor of economics] at the University of California, Irvine asked the NRC to do something it normally doesn't do — decide whether to scuttle a technology altogether because of its proliferation risks. "Both my co-author and I are advocates of nuclear power," Slakey says. "We're strongly in favor of nuclear power, but we think it's in the best interest in expansion of nuclear power to manage very carefully the proliferation risks."
For the full story, please visit http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125787318.
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- U.S. acts decisively to protect Asian Americans - but drags its feet on protecting Black Americans
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research