Laser nuclear technology might pose security risk
- April 13, 2010
- A study by Linda Cohen, economics professor, is featured by NPR April 12, 2010
In a recent opinion piece in Nature, Slakey and a colleague [Linda Cohen, professor of economics] at the University of California, Irvine asked the NRC to do something it normally doesn't do — decide whether to scuttle a technology altogether because of its proliferation risks. "Both my co-author and I are advocates of nuclear power," Slakey says. "We're strongly in favor of nuclear power, but we think it's in the best interest in expansion of nuclear power to manage very carefully the proliferation risks."
For the full story, please visit http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125787318.
Related News Items
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders
- Brain stimulation may enhance team performance
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists