Sen. Boxer emphasizes progress on the economic front
- April 8, 2010
- Mark Petracca, political science associate professor and department chair, is quoted in the LA Times April 8, 2010
From the LA Times:
As Sen. Barbara Boxer girds for a tough reelection battle, she is crisscrossing California during the Senate recess to highlight what she sees as concrete accomplishments in the last year - jobs created by the economic stimulus package, benefits from the healthcare bill for seniors and the ill and tax breaks for businesses that are hiring the unemployed.... Boxer is not in official campaign mode yet, but the appearances are meant to paint the incumbent as a woman working tirelessly for her constituents as her Republican opponents sling attacks at each other. The message to voters is " 'They're fighting, I'm doing,' " said Mark Petracca, chairman of the political science department at UC Irvine. " 'I'm addressing the problems that confront this state.' "
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-boxer8-2010apr08,0,2389087.story.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all