Older workers likely to benefit as job market recovers
- April 8, 2010
- David Neumark, economics professor, is quoted in Market Watch April 8, 2010
From Market Watch:
As the U.S. workforce ages, companies will focus on how to make the most of it, said David Neumark, an economics professor at University of California, Irvine who researches age discrimination and the older workforce. "When the age structure of the population does shift, and there are so many older workers, employers may say: 'Geez, we have to figure out how to use these guys because they are the ones we can get,'" Neumark said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.marketwatch.com/story/older-workers-to-benefit-as-job-market-....
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all