Older workers likely to benefit as job market recovers
- April 8, 2010
- David Neumark, economics professor, is quoted in Market Watch April 8, 2010
From Market Watch:
As the U.S. workforce ages, companies will focus on how to make the most of it, said David Neumark, an economics professor at University of California, Irvine who researches age discrimination and the older workforce. "When the age structure of the population does shift, and there are so many older workers, employers may say: 'Geez, we have to figure out how to use these guys because they are the ones we can get,'" Neumark said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.marketwatch.com/story/older-workers-to-benefit-as-job-market-....
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire