Local advocates press Obama for immigration fix
- March 19, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Seattle Times March 18, 2010
From the Seattle Times:
Louis Desipio, associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, said it's important for immigrant advocates to keep the pressure on the president — even if the odds are against full passage of a comprehensive immigration plan this year. "It keeps the administration honest...on commitments made that are not being honored," he said. Desipio said because reform is not a clearly partisan issue, it won't be an easy sell — not something the president could push through Congress "without losing a third of his own party."
For the full story, please visit http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011382737_immigration19m.html.
Related News Items
- Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report rank UCI among nation's top 10 public universities
- Ross receives grant to develop framework for causal complexity
- The Fed pauses rate hikes again; no relief for housing market
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- Celebrating UC changemakers: Meet 10 Latino leaders creating a more equitable future for us all