Local advocates press Obama for immigration fix
- March 19, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Seattle Times March 18, 2010
From the Seattle Times:
Louis Desipio, associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, said it's important for immigrant advocates to keep the pressure on the president — even if the odds are against full passage of a comprehensive immigration plan this year. "It keeps the administration honest...on commitments made that are not being honored," he said. Desipio said because reform is not a clearly partisan issue, it won't be an easy sell — not something the president could push through Congress "without losing a third of his own party."
For the full story, please visit http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011382737_immigration19m.html.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal