Local advocates press Obama for immigration fix
- March 19, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Seattle Times March 18, 2010
From the Seattle Times:
Louis Desipio, associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, said it's important for immigrant advocates to keep the pressure on the president — even if the odds are against full passage of a comprehensive immigration plan this year. "It keeps the administration honest...on commitments made that are not being honored," he said. Desipio said because reform is not a clearly partisan issue, it won't be an easy sell — not something the president could push through Congress "without losing a third of his own party."
For the full story, please visit http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011382737_immigration19m.html.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Berna Idriz wants to save the planet - and she's got a pretty good start
- Kopstein receives U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Ina Levine Invitational Fellowship
- An inside look at Disneyland's new Tenaya Stone Spa
- These unheralded workers are helping prevent the next wildfire