Local advocates press Obama for immigration fix
- March 19, 2010
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies department chair and political science associate professor, is quoted in the Seattle Times March 18, 2010
From the Seattle Times:
Louis Desipio, associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, said it's important for immigrant advocates to keep the pressure on the president — even if the odds are against full passage of a comprehensive immigration plan this year. "It keeps the administration honest...on commitments made that are not being honored," he said. Desipio said because reform is not a clearly partisan issue, it won't be an easy sell — not something the president could push through Congress "without losing a third of his own party."
For the full story, please visit http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011382737_immigration19m.html.
Related News Items
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders
- Brain stimulation may enhance team performance
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists