Cutting the basic wage to spur jobs
- March 10, 2010
- David Neumark, economist, is featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution March 9, 2010
From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Last year, David Neumark, a well-known labor economist at the University of California-Irvine, warned prophetically that allowing the third of three planned wage increases to occur in the midst of the recession could cost us an additional 300,000 jobs.
For the full story, please visit http://www.aei.org/article/101766.
Related News Items
- Wilkinson receives social sciences Alberti prize
- KNX in depth: Supreme Court term ends with rulings on two more major cases
- Supreme Court ruling on immigration
- End of pandemic outreach leaves some OC residents in a difficult spot
- UCI study finds strong negative relationship between minimum wage increases and employment