Cutting the basic wage to spur jobs
- March 10, 2010
- David Neumark, economist, is featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution March 9, 2010
From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Last year, David Neumark, a well-known labor economist at the University of California-Irvine, warned prophetically that allowing the third of three planned wage increases to occur in the midst of the recession could cost us an additional 300,000 jobs.
For the full story, please visit http://www.aei.org/article/101766.
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- The history of attacks against Asian Americans is complicated. Addressing it will be, too
- Artist discusses his digital and 3-D take on Orange County landscape
- Police accountability