Marta Tienda, Princeton sociologist, incorporates her past in effort to aid immigrants
- December 27, 2009
- Ruben Rumbaut, sociology professor, is quoted in the New Jersey Star-Ledger December 27, 2009
From the Star-Ledger:
Noted sociologist Ruben Rumbaut remembers first seeing Tienda at a conference in 1986. "There were top scholars there, and maybe 2 percent of the audience could follow the structural equations she was throwing at us at 100 miles per hour."
For the full story, please visit http://blog.nj.com/iamnj/2009/12/marta_tienda_princeton_sociolo.html.
Related News Items
- Marodin and Spencer among 17 campus fellowship award winners
- Math could help set right the sizes of national legislatures
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- The Origins of Unfairness