Marta Tienda, Princeton sociologist, incorporates her past in effort to aid immigrants
- December 27, 2009
- Ruben Rumbaut, sociology professor, is quoted in the New Jersey Star-Ledger December 27, 2009
From the Star-Ledger:
Noted sociologist Ruben Rumbaut remembers first seeing Tienda at a conference in 1986. "There were top scholars there, and maybe 2 percent of the audience could follow the structural equations she was throwing at us at 100 miles per hour."
For the full story, please visit http://blog.nj.com/iamnj/2009/12/marta_tienda_princeton_sociolo.html.
Related News Items
- What's next: The ongoing urban exodus
- Comparing economic conditions across crises, time
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction