Another type of fight at a Bronx armory
- December 16, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Independent Media Center December 15, 2009
From the Independent Media Center:
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California at Irvine, doubts that retailers would give up on the Kingsbridge armory if they had to guarantee a living wage. But he says companies will respond by hiring fewer, but more qualified, workers. "They say the reason we are hiring these guys at $7 an hour is that’s what they were worth. It’s a cold thing to say but that’s kind of how labor markets work," Neumark says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nyc.indymedia.org/en/2009/12/108700.html.
Related News Items
- Soc sci shoutout: Kyle Sanders, '23 business economics
- Soc sci shoutout: Orion Pettit, '23 psychology
- Soc sci shoutout: Morgan Dickinson, '23 psychology
- Tobar's Our Migrant Souls named among The New York Times, TIME Magazine, Amazon and Audible best book lists in 2023
- U.S. diplomat Henry Kissinger dies aged 100