Another type of fight at a Bronx armory
- December 16, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Independent Media Center December 15, 2009
From the Independent Media Center:
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California at Irvine, doubts that retailers would give up on the Kingsbridge armory if they had to guarantee a living wage. But he says companies will respond by hiring fewer, but more qualified, workers. "They say the reason we are hiring these guys at $7 an hour is that’s what they were worth. It’s a cold thing to say but that’s kind of how labor markets work," Neumark says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nyc.indymedia.org/en/2009/12/108700.html.
Related News Items
- Symbols of white supremacy flew proudly at the Capitol riot - 5 essential reads
- Actually, men have a hard time getting hired in female-dominated roles, too
- A peek at our one year of COVID-19 issue | March 2021
- Changing immigration policies negatively impact undocumented students, new UC study says
- A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy