Another type of fight at a Bronx armory
- December 16, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Independent Media Center December 15, 2009
From the Independent Media Center:
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California at Irvine, doubts that retailers would give up on the Kingsbridge armory if they had to guarantee a living wage. But he says companies will respond by hiring fewer, but more qualified, workers. "They say the reason we are hiring these guys at $7 an hour is that’s what they were worth. It’s a cold thing to say but that’s kind of how labor markets work," Neumark says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nyc.indymedia.org/en/2009/12/108700.html.
Related News Items
- What does a world with billions of old people look like? Asian countries are searching for answers
- Opinion: The alternative, optimistic story of population decline
- Southern California housing market cools
- China's singles fight family pressure to get married as population declines
- NSDR is an overhyped health hack. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it