Another type of fight at a Bronx armory
- December 16, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the Independent Media Center December 15, 2009
From the Independent Media Center:
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California at Irvine, doubts that retailers would give up on the Kingsbridge armory if they had to guarantee a living wage. But he says companies will respond by hiring fewer, but more qualified, workers. "They say the reason we are hiring these guys at $7 an hour is that’s what they were worth. It’s a cold thing to say but that’s kind of how labor markets work," Neumark says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nyc.indymedia.org/en/2009/12/108700.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Adding a little spice - literally - to life
- Research and commentary: Rhode Island House considering bills to increase minimum wage
- Opinion: Redistricting might gain Republicans a few seats in Congress. Their real gains will be in state legislatures.
- The fascinating history behind the popular 'waving lucky cat'