How minimum wage affects the job hunt
- December 15, 2009
- A book by David Neumark, economics professor, is featured on Fox News December 15, 2009
From Fox News:
It's been an article of faith for so long that the minimum wage offers a "hand up" to the people on the lowest rung of the economic ladder, but some recent studies show otherwise. The most exhaustive of these is a landmark book published last year called "Minimum Wages." It's by two economists, David Neumark of the University of California and William Wascher of the Federal Reserve.
For a transcript and to view the video, please visit http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/14/how-minimum-wage-affects-t....
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Casavantes Bradford and Jenks appointed to lead school's Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Four UCI social scientists named Chancellor's Professors