How minimum wage affects the job hunt
- December 15, 2009
- A book by David Neumark, economics professor, is featured on Fox News December 15, 2009
From Fox News:
It's been an article of faith for so long that the minimum wage offers a "hand up" to the people on the lowest rung of the economic ladder, but some recent studies show otherwise. The most exhaustive of these is a landmark book published last year called "Minimum Wages." It's by two economists, David Neumark of the University of California and William Wascher of the Federal Reserve.
For a transcript and to view the video, please visit http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/14/how-minimum-wage-affects-t....
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities