An Expo Line explanation
- December 14, 2009
- A letter from Karen Leonard, anthropology professor, is featured in the LA Times' Letter to the Editor section December 11, 2009
From the LA Times:
It is ironic that complaints of delays and increased costs of building the Expo Line are made by those who helped to both cause delays and increase costs by pressing for costly and unnecessary changes in design. Such remarks probably evoke bitter laughter from Expo Authority staff, who have been doing their best to expedite construction and keep costs down, going to great lengths to make all grade crossings extremely safe along Phase One of the Expo Line.
For the full letter, please visit http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/letters/la-le-friday11-2009dec11,0,1....
Related News Items
- Symbols of white supremacy flew proudly at the Capitol riot - 5 essential reads
- Actually, men have a hard time getting hired in female-dominated roles, too
- A peek at our one year of COVID-19 issue | March 2021
- Changing immigration policies negatively impact undocumented students, new UC study says
- A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy