Decreasing the minimum wage
- November 17, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is quoted in Parade Magazine November 15, 2009
But some economists say that the minimum wage actually hurts the poor. “There’s a lot of evidence that the minimum wage reduces the employment of low-skilled workers,” says David Neumark, an economist at UC Irvine. “This shouldn’t be surprising. If we raise the price of gas, people use less gas. If we raise taxes on cigarettes, fewer people smoke.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/091115-decreasing....
Related News Items
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's first debate: Best and worst moments
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders