UCI robot being given ability to 'think'
- November 10, 2009
- Study by Jeff Krichmar, UCI cognitive scientist, is featured in the OC Register November 10, 2009
From the OC Register:
A homely little robot with fake ears might end up helping to explain a problem faced by all humans - how to deal with uncertainty. Scientists at UC San Diego will electronically record neurons in the brains of rats while the animals are deciding how to find food in a series of behavioral experiments. UC Irvine researchers will then incorporate that data into a software model of the brain.
For the full story, visit http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/10/uci-robot-being-given-....
Related News Items
- Wilkinson receives social sciences Alberti prize
- KNX in depth: Supreme Court term ends with rulings on two more major cases
- Supreme Court ruling on immigration
- End of pandemic outreach leaves some OC residents in a difficult spot
- UCI study finds strong negative relationship between minimum wage increases and employment