UCI robot being given ability to 'think'
- November 10, 2009
- Study by Jeff Krichmar, UCI cognitive scientist, is featured in the OC Register November 10, 2009
From the OC Register:
A homely little robot with fake ears might end up helping to explain a problem faced by all humans - how to deal with uncertainty. Scientists at UC San Diego will electronically record neurons in the brains of rats while the animals are deciding how to find food in a series of behavioral experiments. UC Irvine researchers will then incorporate that data into a software model of the brain.
For the full story, visit http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/10/uci-robot-being-given-....
Related News Items
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's first debate: Best and worst moments
- Welcome back, Anteaters!
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- UCI is No. 1 in Sierra magazine's 2020 'Cool Schools' ranking of sustainability leaders