UCI robot being given ability to 'think'
- November 10, 2009
- Study by Jeff Krichmar, UCI cognitive scientist, is featured in the OC Register November 10, 2009
From the OC Register:
A homely little robot with fake ears might end up helping to explain a problem faced by all humans - how to deal with uncertainty. Scientists at UC San Diego will electronically record neurons in the brains of rats while the animals are deciding how to find food in a series of behavioral experiments. UC Irvine researchers will then incorporate that data into a software model of the brain.
For the full story, visit http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/10/uci-robot-being-given-....
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Commentary: COVID-19 reveals need to increase diversity among California physicians
- The history of attacks against Asian Americans is complicated. Addressing it will be, too
- Police accountability
- From anti-aging creams to hair oil, 9 grooming products Robb Report's editors love