UCI robot being given ability to 'think'
- November 10, 2009
- Study by Jeff Krichmar, UCI cognitive scientist, is featured in the OC Register November 10, 2009
From the OC Register:
A homely little robot with fake ears might end up helping to explain a problem faced by all humans - how to deal with uncertainty. Scientists at UC San Diego will electronically record neurons in the brains of rats while the animals are deciding how to find food in a series of behavioral experiments. UC Irvine researchers will then incorporate that data into a software model of the brain.
For the full story, visit http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/10/uci-robot-being-given-....
Related News Items
- Winding road
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live
- Stimulants: Using them to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- Andrew Yang's 'freedom dividend' echoes a 1930s basic income proposal that reshaped Social Security
- Affirmative action an increasingly divisive issue for Asian Americans