UCI report says small businesses face heavy burden
- October 19, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the OC Metro on October 16, 2009
From the OC Metro:
A recently released report from a UC Irvine economist contends that small or locally owned businesses do not insulate communities from layoffs and closures in difficult economic times. Rather, corporate headquarters do the most to protect cities from employment reductions.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocmetro.com/t-UCI_small_businesses_burden_10_16_09.aspx.
Related News Items
- Fourteen from social sciences honored with Chancellor's Award of Distinction
- Usman named inaugural SF Fed grad student essay contest winner
- Virtual cultures in pandemic times
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences