UCI report says small businesses face heavy burden
- October 19, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the OC Metro on October 16, 2009
From the OC Metro:
A recently released report from a UC Irvine economist contends that small or locally owned businesses do not insulate communities from layoffs and closures in difficult economic times. Rather, corporate headquarters do the most to protect cities from employment reductions.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocmetro.com/t-UCI_small_businesses_burden_10_16_09.aspx.
Related News Items
- Graduate student Niels Dickson to present at BUCLD 46
- Jenks recognized for outstanding undergraduate teaching
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Casavantes Bradford and Jenks appointed to lead school's Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Four UCI social scientists named Chancellor's Professors