UCI report says small businesses face heavy burden
- October 19, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the OC Metro on October 16, 2009
From the OC Metro:
A recently released report from a UC Irvine economist contends that small or locally owned businesses do not insulate communities from layoffs and closures in difficult economic times. Rather, corporate headquarters do the most to protect cities from employment reductions.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocmetro.com/t-UCI_small_businesses_burden_10_16_09.aspx.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities