UCI report says small businesses face heavy burden
- October 19, 2009
- David Neumark, economics professor, is featured in the OC Metro on October 16, 2009
From the OC Metro:
A recently released report from a UC Irvine economist contends that small or locally owned businesses do not insulate communities from layoffs and closures in difficult economic times. Rather, corporate headquarters do the most to protect cities from employment reductions.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocmetro.com/t-UCI_small_businesses_burden_10_16_09.aspx.
Related News Items
- Associations between sleep apnea risk and cardiovascular disease indicators among Chinese and Korean Americans
- Kiazolu and Painter receive Mellon Foundation/UC President's Postdoc support
- Iranian protesters are part of a worldwide fight for women's rights
- What is biphasic sleep and is it healthy for humans?
- China's demographic crisis looms over Xi Jinping's third term