- September 21, 2009
- Tom Boellstorff, anthropology professor, is featured in a PBS special on Second Life on September 18, 2009
From PBS online:
When the sun comes up in Second Life, which it does every four hours, you are immediately
overwhelmed by the vast, brightly colored mish-mash of stores, houses, and malls stretching
across multiple continentsall of it, including the mountains and forests, designed
and built from scratch by the tens of thousands of people who regularly visit here.
View the report online at http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/september-18-2009/second-life/4243/.
Related News Items
- D.C. is now enforcing its cashless business ban: What that could mean for you
- You can't even pay people to have more kids
- You deserve a great nap
- Khan named Social Sciences Alumni Academic Excellence Scholar
- LA Latinos took a big financial hit during the pandemic. Here's how some are trying to bounce back