Struggling to rise in suburbs where failing means fitting in
- April 9, 2009
- Research conducted by Ruben Rumbaut, sociology professor, is featured in the New York Times on April 18, 2009. The story also appears in nine additional media sources.
Research conducted by Rubén Rumbaut, sociology professor, is featured in the New York
Times on April 18, 2009. The story also appears in nine additional media sources.
Class at the youth center had just let out, and a gaggle of teenagers moved toward the door, turning saggy pants and ring tones thrumming with reggaetsn hits into adolescent statements of Latino cool.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/us/19immig.html?em.
Also appears in the following:
-Los Angeles Daily News, April 18, 2009
-Sarasota Herald-Tribune, April 18, 2009
-Sun-Sentinel, April 19, 2009
-Times-News Online, April 19, 2009
-Sarasota Herald-Tribune, April 19, 2009
-The Ledger, April 19, 2009
-Tuscaloosa News, April 19, 2009
-Ocala, April 19, 2009
-Times Daily, April 20, 2009
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities