Keep in mind needs of older immigrants
- April 9, 2009
- Judith Treas, sociology professor and director of UCI's Center for Demographic and Social Analysis (C-DASA), is featured in the Capital Times on April 20, 2009
The issue at hand brings together professionals and policymakers in aging with those in immigration to address their many common challenges. Fernando Torres-Gil, director of the Center for Policy Research on Aging at UCLA, says the process will not be easy. Immigration studies virtually ignore aging, and within the field of aging, the subject of immigration has been taboo.
For the full story, please visit http://www.madison.com/tct/column/features/quirk/447733.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities