Keep in mind needs of older immigrants
- April 9, 2009
- Judith Treas, sociology professor and director of UCI's Center for Demographic and Social Analysis (C-DASA), is featured in the Capital Times on April 20, 2009
The issue at hand brings together professionals and policymakers in aging with those in immigration to address their many common challenges. Fernando Torres-Gil, director of the Center for Policy Research on Aging at UCLA, says the process will not be easy. Immigration studies virtually ignore aging, and within the field of aging, the subject of immigration has been taboo.
For the full story, please visit http://www.madison.com/tct/column/features/quirk/447733.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal