Award Amount: $300
- must meet honors minimum GPA requirement
- must be a current student in a School of Social Sciences honors program
- applicants must be a full-time continuing UCI student
- submission of a draft thesis is permissible
- selection criteria include originality of research and demonstrated knowledge in the field of research
- a prize-winning thesis is well-written, well-organized, properly documented and theoretically sound
Online Application: CLICK HERE
Application Period: January 2, 2021 - April 5, 2021
2021: MacKenzie Kephart (Cognitive Sciences)
2020: Shelby Smith (Social Policy & Public Service)
2019: Brandon Newberg (Quantitative Economics and Business Administration)
2018: Sarah Mahoney (Anthropology)
2017: John Lee (Business Economics)
2016: Amy Carr (Psychology) "The Use and Accuracy of the Recognition Heuristic in Two- Alternative Decision Making."
2015: Alejandra Sanchez (Sociology and Education Sciences) "Mother's Legal Status and the Political Engagement of Mexican Americans."
2014: Dan Hua (Economics) "The Birth fo New Currency: An Event Study Analysis of Bitcoin."
2013: Bowen Dai (Economics)
2012: Jocelyn Valencia
2011: Steve Alcantar and Ahmad Qazi
2010: Nicholas Plassaras
2009: Sabrina Talukder (International Studies)
2008: Mark Hiroshi Sueyoshi
2007: Namanh Vu Hoang and Garric Nahapetian