Midterm elections 2022: Redistricting could help Republicans take back House
- October 19, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, International Business Times, Oct. 19, 2021
Gerrymandering is expected to be an issue in next year’s election, as Republicans redrew the maps in 2011 and 2012, which was an advantage for several election cycles. “The lingering effects of partisan gerrymandering, disproportionately by Republican-controlled legislatures, make it harder for the Democrats to hold onto control or win control,” said Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished] Professor of politics at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ibtimes.com/midterm-elections-2022-redistricting-could-help-republicans-take-back-house-3319090.
Related News Items
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts
- North Carolina adopts congressional map favorable to Democrats