Midterm elections 2022: Redistricting could help Republicans take back House
- October 19, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, International Business Times, Oct. 19, 2021
Gerrymandering is expected to be an issue in next year’s election, as Republicans redrew the maps in 2011 and 2012, which was an advantage for several election cycles. “The lingering effects of partisan gerrymandering, disproportionately by Republican-controlled legislatures, make it harder for the Democrats to hold onto control or win control,” said Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished] Professor of politics at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ibtimes.com/midterm-elections-2022-redistricting-could-help-republicans-take-back-house-3319090.
Related News Items
- Democrats doomed under Ohio redistricting: Ballots and boundaries
- Virginia court picks experts to draw maps for redistricting
- Opinion: In Virginia, the GOP games the redistricting system
- Va. Senate Democrats ask state Supreme Court to disqualify Republicans' nominated map drawers
- As the Democrats skirmish over their omnibus bill, here's what they can learn from Harry Truman